GT Guesthouse policy
GT Guest House Policy
Terms and Conditions
When you book an accommodation at GT Guest House it is a contract. Unless special arrangements have been agreed, the following guidelines will apply to ALL guests.
A reservation is regarded as binding once it has been confirmed. Confirmation can be given orally or in writing, for example by e-mail. You and GT Guest House are then regarded as having agreed a contract. When making a reservation, please quote your name, address, arrival, and departure dates.
1. Reservations: Reservations may be made online, by e-mail, phone, or in person. A deposit fee that is 50% of the total charge must be paid during check in; this charge will of course be deducted from your final bill. The remaining balance of your total amount must be paid a day prior to your check out. Note that GT Guest House may require a deposit prior to your arrival date for any long-term stay or other types of reservations including group bookings. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information.
Payment: We currently accept cash and wire transfers. Please contact GT Guest House to arrange payments, or if you have any questions about making payments. In case of extensions, an additional deposit maybe required, in cash. Credit cards are not accepted.
2. Cancellation and "No Shows":Your deposit is fully refundable only (a) if there is at least 14-days’ of notice of cancellation before scheduled arrival, (b) The suite is re-rented for the same dates. Otherwise, 20% fee of your total room rate applies if cancellation is less than 14 days before scheduled arrival. For any cancellations after arrival, the below fee will be applied to your total room balance. 30% fee for cancellation after arrival, and 50% for any cancellations less than 3 days of notice, and full payment if less than 24 hours. Cancellation includes cancelling some rooms out of the total number of rooms reserved. If a discount was given based on the number of people,number of rooms confirmed on your reservation, and some of the guests end up cancelling, same charge as cancellation applies and/or you shall be given a different daily rate. If you have booked for a given period but depart early, you are liable to the same charge as cancellation. Guests who reserve for long term and full house booking, and wish to cancel 14 days before arrival, a non refundable fee of $50,and any other associated refund fees will be deducted from the amount deposited.
3. Occupancy: ALL PERSONS STAYING IN THE SUITE MUST BE REGISTERED AT THE TIME RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. Reservations are confirmed for the guests registered on your Reservation Confirmation only. Any unregistered guests on your confirmation will be charged at the rate of $25 per person per night. Over night guests must have a valid government ID or passport, must be over 18,and should register at front desk during office hours (8AM-10PM). We do not accept guest registration later than 10 PM.
If you are found to have persons staying at the property that are not named on your Reservation Confirmation, or not approved by the manager, you are in breach of contract, and may be denied access to the property. No refunds will be issued if you are refused accommodations due to breach of contract.
Any day time visitors must carry valid government ID or a passport, and present it to a GT Guest House representative before entering in to the suites. Visiting hours for day time visitors is between 8AM and 10PM unless special arrangements are made with front desk during office hours.
In order to maintain the tranquil setting, no parties of more than four (4) additional persons are allowed without prior permission. Weddings and wedding parties require written permission, and will be subject to payment of additional fees.
4. Waiver of Liability: GT Guesthouse shall not accept responsibility for losses to the guests for any claims, including but not limited to: a) responsibility for personal body injury, death, accident, lost, stolen or damaged property, loss of mental or physical enjoyment, delay or inconvenience. b) Any delays or changes in schedule or itineraries incurred by any person arising out of any willful or negligent act or omission, c) the act or omissions of any party, d) monetary crisis, labor problems, economic changes, mechanical maintenance or construction difficulties or noise, climatic aberrations, local laws, novel or unexpected conditions; e) additional expenses due to delay or changes in air or other services, missed carrier connections, substitute accommodations, termination of service, cancellation of tickets, sickness, strike, war, quarantine, pilferage, monetary crisis, political or social unrest, disease, acts of God or any events beyond our control. Accordingly, the Guests covenant and agree that GT Guesthouse, it's owners and assigns are not responsible for any injuries or damages. Therefore, each guest agrees that he or she is voluntarily participating in any and all activities, risks, and use of the accommodations, facilities, and equipment, and hereby assumes all risk of injury, illness, damage or loss to person and property that might result. For the execution interpretation and enforcement of these House Rules, the parties expressly submit to the laws in effect and to the courts of Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, hereby waiving any other jurisdiction that may now or hereafter be applicable.
5. Times: Check-in is at 2 PM. Checkout is at 11 AM. Early checks-in and late check-out is available per request (Additional fees may apply). This allows adequate time for cleaning between guests. GT Guest House may allow free early check in based on availability. Please contact us for more information.
Working hours: Our working hours are 8AM-10PM. However we do have a manager on call at all hours. If you require a service during other hours, please make an arrangement with front desk, email us or call.
6. Housekeeping: Hours of housekeeping are based on your schedule. Per guest house accommodation, sheets and towels would be changed every three nights. If you would like your towels to be changed every day, a charge of 16 Birr/day will be applied to your bill, and your third day will be free.
7. Laundry: For your convenience, we provide laundry arrangement, 5 birr for socks and underpants, 16 birr for t-shirts and shorts, 25 birr for jackets, coats and pants. We provide machine or hand wash,air dried and ironed. If you need dry cleaning, contact front desk.
8. NO SMOKING is allowed inside the suites. Smoking is permitted on balconies and outside where it does not offend other guests. Disposal of ashes and cigarette butts is the responsibility of the registered guest. No chewing chAt, Shisha, candles or fires of any kind are allowed within the suites. $50 will be charged if a guest is caught smoking inside the rooms.
9. Utilities: Please turn off all electrical appliances and lights when not in use and whenever you leave the suite.
* Kitchen Stove: The stove can operate using electricity and gas. Electricity is free through out your stay. GT Guest House will replace the gas tank once, It normally lasts for a long time. However, guests who require additional gas or staying for long term , may purchase for $30/tank.
10. Children under 18 must have proper adult supervision at all times.
11. Pets are NOT permitted in the suites or common areas.
12. Parking is allowed in your designated area only. You will be assigned one parking place at check in. Do not block the driveway. All overnight cars must be registered at front desk during office hours.
13. Quiet Hours please keep all noise levels to a minimum during late night hours.
14. Trash must be placed in a proper receptacle. Guests are asked to maintain a neat and clean living area.
15. Damage: Please report any inoperative equipment, damages, dangers or faults immediately. The registered guest is directly responsible for all negligent, accidental, intentional, or unintentional damage to the interior or exterior of the suite or to the common areas, caused by the guest, their family, or their guests, and will be charged for all repairs, replacement, and other related expenses and costs. Leaving the suite in an excessively dirty or sandy condition will result in an additional cleaning charge. No Smoking is permitted in the suites. A $20 usd carpet cleaning fee will be charged if smoke is detected in your suite upon departure.
Occupancy and use of premises and common areas shall not be such as to disturb or offend guests or residents (e.g. guests may not hang towels, garments, etc. from windows and lanai, make excessive noise or commotion, must obey all rules, etc.). We have the prerogative to remove any disruptive guests with full forfeiture of rent and deposits for any violation of any of these rules.
We also ask that you treat the guest house hosts with respect, showing reasonable care and courtesy.
17. Departure: On your departure date, please leave the suite and checkout by 11 AM.
18. Subject to Change: GT Guesthouse may amend these House Rules from time to time. If we make any substantial changes that affect you, we will notify you or post a notice reflecting the change.
19. Our Dedication: We will do all we can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. But what is good can always become better. If you have any comments or good advice, let us know in person or by email.